- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Carmen MKII High-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Carmen MKII£999.00 £832.50Available UK OnlyThe Carmen represents a step up in performance from the from Otello, benefitting from an elliptical nude diamond stylus as well as Soundsmith's Fixed Coil design. The Fixed Coil mitigates noise being returned to your vinyl record and reduces 'stylus jitter', boosting clarity and detail in the sound produced.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Zephyr MKIII High-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII£1,499.00 £1,249.17Available UK OnlyThe Zephyr MKIII by Soundsmith is their mid-range high-output cartridge, borrowing features from its more expensive siblings, like its nude diamond stylus engineered in the Line Contact shape- this means that it is shaped similarly to the stylus used for cutting vinyl records, ensuring maximum contact with your record. Like the other cartridges in the Fixed Coil range, it benefits from minimal noise being introduced to your record and much less 'stylus jitter', delivering sound with clarity and detail.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Aida High-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith AidaSoundsmith's Aida is a high-end, high-output cartridge delivering exceptional performance. Featuring a sapphire cantilever and nude diamond stylus engineered in the Line Contact shape, this is a cartridge that ensures maximum contact with your record and excellent responsiveness. As with other Fixed Coil models, Aida ensures minimal noise being fed back to your vinyl record and low levels of 'stylus jitter' to deliver sharp and clear sound.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith The Voice High-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith The Voice£2,999.00 £2,499.17Available UK OnlyThe Voice is the pinnacle of the high-output range by Soundsmith. With each one handcrafted by Soundsmith President & Chief Engineer, Peter Ledermann, The Voice delivers unparalleled high-output performance with its ruby cantilever and nude diamond, Line Contact stylus. The Line Contact stylus is shaped very similarly to the stylus used to cut vinyl records and ensures optimal, constant contact with the record. Once again benefitting from Soundsmith's Fixed Coil technology, by minimising the amount of noise sent back to your record and all-but eliminating 'stylus jitter' The Voice can make your record collection sound brand new again.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Norma Medium-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith NormaThis may be the entry-level in Soundsmith's medium-output range, but Norma is much the same as Aida, the high-end high-output cartridge. Featuring a ruby cantilever and an optimised Line Contact stylus made from nude diamond which ensures maximum contact with the grooves in your record, Norma is composed of the highest quality materials. It also benefits from Soundsmith's innovative Fixed Coil design, which significantly reduces mass and noise returned to the record, as well as minimising 'stylus jitter' to deliver clean and detailed sound.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Sotto Voce Medium-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Sotto Voce£2,999.00 £2,499.17Available UK OnlyAlmost identical to The Voice- the top-of-the-line high-output cartridge by Soundsmith- the Sotto Voce also features a ruby cantilever and optimised Line Contact stylus formed of nude diamond which is designed to be almost the same shape as the original stylus used to cut records, which ensures maximum contact with your vinyl records. Soundsmith's innovative Fixed Coil design significantly reduces the overall mass of the cartridge, and minimises both the transfer of noise back to your record and 'stylus jitter', which results in exceptionally clear and detailed sound. Each Sotto Voce is handmade in New York State by Peter Ledermann, the President & Chief Engineer of Soundsmith.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Nautilus Medium-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Nautilus£3,999.00 £3,332.50Available UK Only
Like the other cartridges in Soundsmith's Fixed Coil range, the Nautilus benefits from greatly reduced mass and minimal noise transferred back to your record, as well as almost eliminating 'stylus jitter' to deliver clear and detailed sound. Featuring a cantilever made from an aluminium alloy specially developed by Soundsmith, and a nude diamond, Line Contact stylus- which is a stylus shaped similarly to the stylus used for cutting vinyl records, ensuring maximum contact- the Nautilus is essentially a medium-output version of the Paua MKII, the high-end low-output cartridge. Each Nautilus is handmade in upstate New York by Peter Ledermann, President & Chief Engineer of Soundsmith.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Mezzo Medium-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Mezzo£4,999.00 £4,165.83Available UK OnlyThe Mezzo is essentially a medium-output version of the Sussurro- a high-end low-output cartridge. It features a ruby cantilever and nude diamond stylus, engineered in the Contact Line shape. This special shape mimics that of the stylus used to cut grooves in vinyl and ensures maximum contact with your record. The Mezzo, like all the other cartridges in Soundsmith's Fixed Coil range, benefits from a drastic reduction in mass and noise returned to the record itself, and also avoids suffering from 'stylus jitter' to produce wonderfully clear and detailed sound. Each Mezzo is handmade in upstate New York by Peter Ledermann, President & Chief Engineer of Soundsmith.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Helios Medium-Output HiFi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Helios£7,999.00 £6,665.83Available UK OnlyThe Helios is the medium-output version of the Hyperion- the top-of-the-line high-output cartridge by Soundsmith. Helios features a specially-designed, hand-formed "cactus spine" cantilever and nude diamond stylus, with the stylus available in Contact Line or Optimised Contour Contact Line shapes. The Contact Line shape is specifically designed to ensure maximum contact by matching the shape of the stylus used to etch grooves in vinyl records. As a part of Soundsmith's Fixed Coil range, Helios also benefits from drastically reduced mass and noise relayed back to your record, as well as the ability to minimise 'stylus jitter', allowing this cartridge to deliver exceptionally clean and detailed sound with minimal distortion. Every Helios cartridge is handmade in upstate New York by Peter Ledermann, President & Chief Engineer of Soundsmith.
- VIEWNEWSoundsmith Irox Blue High-Output "Unbreakable" Phono CartridgeItem Code: Soundsmith Irox Blue£999.00 £832.50Available UK Only
The Irox Blue is the entry-level cartridge in Soundsmith's "Unbreakable" range, providing high-output and high performance. This cartridge is designed to be robust without sacrificing detail, making it an ideal option for use in busy environments where multiple people with varying levels of skill can be expected to operate the turntable. Like all of Soundsmith's cartridges, the Irox Blue also benefits from Soundsmith's innovative Fixed Coil technology. In addition to drastically reducing the overall weight of the device, this technology also prevents your cartridge from returning noise to your record and reduces 'stylus jitter' which is a cause of distortion, ultimately meaning exceptionally clear and detailed sound.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M Red Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M Red£95.00 £79.17Out of stock
Ortofon's 2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge designed to deliver an open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth. The weight and dimensions of the 2M Red are optimised for the most common turntables, offering a wide range of compatibility. The 2M Red cartridge is built with ‘Hopelex’, an environmentally-friendly material ensuring high-rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances. The cartridge stylus is a tipped elliptical diamond connected to split pole pins with copper wire. This offers a high level of sonic accuracy at an affordable price.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M 78 Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M 78£105.00 £87.50Out of stock
Ortofon's 2M 78 allows for true mono playback of 78rpm shellac records on any stereo playback system. No requirement for mono-specific equipment when using Ortofons Mono cartridges. This is due to a strapped output within the cartridges that delivers the same output signal from both pole pins, resulting in a truly mono reproduction.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M Blue Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M Blue£189.00 £157.50Available
Ortofon's 2M Blue is a step-up from the 2M Red, featuring a nude elliptical diamond which retains a close resemblance to the original cutting stylus used to create master records. Ortofon chooses to use a nude diamond starting form the Blue range as this offers greater transient reproduction and reduced mass in the tip of the stylus. These minor changes improve the resolution of the audio reproduction with greater dynamics and a more open soundstage.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M Mono Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M Mono£275.00 £229.17Out of stock
Ortofon's 2M Mono uses a nude spherical diamond as an optimal solution to playback mono microgroove LP vinyl records. By utilising Ortofon's strapped output, both pole pins within the cartridge deliver the same output signal, resulting in a truly mono reproduction possible through any stereo playback system.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M Bronze Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M Bronze£309.00 £257.50Out of stock
Ortofon's 2M Bronze improves further on the 2M Blue by using a nude fine line diamond stylus. This stylus utilises a slimmer profile to track the higher frequency information more accurately. On top of this, the 2M Bronze has a specially upgraded engine with silver-plated copper wire to read and preserve as much frequency information as possible. Overall, the performance of your system with a 2M Bronze can improve with greater detail and resolution, preserving more of the original audio signal and ultimately improving your listening experience.
- VIEWOrtofon 2M Black Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: 2M Black£519.00 £432.50Out of stock
Ortofon's 2M Black is a testament to the quality and engineering that Ortofon's engineers produce for the best cartridges. It is for this reason that the 2M Black is the flagship moving magnet cartridge offered by Ortofon. The tip of the 2M Black is a slim, highly polished Shibata diamond which exceeds the usual contact area in the grooves of a vinyl. By improving on the contact area, there is a notable increase in frequency reproduction to ensure the utmost detail and quality in the playback of your vinyls.
- VIEWOrtofon MC Quintet Red Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Quintet Red£269.00 £224.17Available
Ortofon's MC Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils. It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards. This entry-level MC cartridge has very high price-to-performance ratio and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges.
- VIEWOrtofon MC Quintet Mono Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: Quintet Mono£379.00 £315.83Out of stock
Ortofon's MC Quintet Mono is a new true Mono from Ortofon. It features Nude Elliptical r/R 8/18μm stylus that is a good solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records. The Quintet Mono will track perfectly through even worn and damaged records and ensure the surface noise control. Quintet Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system. Quintet Mono is the best cartridge in the Quintet series to play monophonic records.
- VIEWOrtofon MC Quintet Blue Hi-Fi Turntable CartridgeItem Code: MC Quintet Blue£359.00 £299.17Out of stockWhat Hi-Fi? Best Cartridge
Ortofon's MC Quintet Blue is a very homogeneous cartridge whose sound image will tend to more smooth reproduction compared to Quintet Red and moderate dynamic strength compared to Quintet Bronze. It features a Nude Elliptical diamond mounted on an aluminium cantilever. The Quintet Blue will bring more space, depth and detail into the sound and is a very good choice for any kind of music, especially rhythmic.